Creating value in the heart of the business
As part of our team, you will be operating at the core of our business, where your financial skills will lead to better decision-making throughout the entire value chain. Together, we make our business run smoothly and contribute to our company’s development and growth. Within your field, you can work on a variety of assignments with a high level of responsibility – from reporting and analyzing business performance to ensuring bills are paid. You will be exposed to projects that develop your skills and allow you to progress your career.
You will be responsible for planning and coordinating plant budget and all business planning activities in alignment with Group policies and practices. You will provide financial direction to the factory as well as recommendations to steer the factory performance with a continuous improvement mindset and ensure company targets are successfully met.
This is the role
- Support month-end closing in collaboration with Shared Services Center, prepare monthly financial statements for both local and regional finance and other operational reports for site. Drive variance analysis and communicate explanations to local factory management with recommended actions.
- Monitor periodically KPIs and collaborate with Factory Manager, other Factory Controllers and senior management to explain results, drive improvements, manage projects, identify inefficiencies, understand operations and lead the development of complex analysis.
- Lead budget and quarterly forecast activities (P&L, KPI, Profit Development Analysis) for the factory. Alert management on risks and opportunities and suggest corrective countermeasures.
- Drive periodic standard costs calculation and related systems update.
- Support and challenge positively management for the preparation of investment business cases. Follow-up on implementation and measure actual return on investments.
- Drive benchmarking and share best practices across regional finance team, e.g. process improvements, financial modelling and procedures changes.
- Drive good level of cooperation with the Shared Service Center to ensure quality, depth and timeliness of accounting information produced for reporting purposes.
- Provide proactive consultation, interpretation and education of complex financial and operational matters to various departmental leaders for the purpose of driving sound business decisions. Estimate product and project costs to support quoting activities.
- Ensures proper accounting in accordance with IFRS Accounting Principles as well as local statutory requirements
- Ensure a high level of internal controls within the plant (in conjunction with corporate policies) as necessary to guarantee reporting integrity, safeguard company assets and mitigate any risks.
- Must work across organization boundaries and all levels of the company to achieve the company’s objectives
This is who you are
- Master Degree’s in Finance or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in major corporate company in similar role
- Ability to work with a wide range of cultural and personal differences. International profile be able to interface with all the Latin Europe countries (France, Italy, Spain, Croatia and Romania) and the rest of the global team.
- Fluent English is a must and professional French - Spanish is a +
- Strong digital working knowledge and culture: Excel advanced techniques (VBA is a +), strong SI and financial package understanding (SAP is a +), ability to build PPT presentation
- Solid planning / organizational skills and ability to meet strict deadlines
- Strong leadership potential with ability to work easily with others in a multi-cultural and matrix environment, lead change for continuous improvement (Lean 6 Sigma culture is a +)
- Ability to coach industrial managers and influence decisions
- Ability to build a strategy, design and implement actions plan, drive and pilot results
- Good communication skills (written and oral) to deliver engaging and clear messages to your team and non-finance experts
- Business partnering approach to act cooperatively and build strong ties with different stakeholders
- Proactive mindset with fast learning skills and passionate about driving performance